Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Recipes: Fried Pickles

With my recent couponing stock up on pickles & breadcrumbs, I wanted to try my hand at deep fried pickles that I've enjoyed in restaurants.  So here is what I found from Pillsbury!  I did use jalapeno dill spears, bread & butter chips, and some whole dill pickles I cut into spears, so this will work for just about any pickle I believe!
Fried Panko-Dipped Pickles
Prep Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Makes: 4 servings (3 pickle spears each)
INGREDIENTS
4
 to 6 cups vegetable oil
1
 cup all-purpose flour
2
 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
4
 eggs
2
 cups Progresso® panko crispy bread crumbs
12
 crisp pickle spears

DIRECTIONS

  1. Heat oil in deep fryer or 12-inch skillet to 375°F.  I use my cast iron skillet!
  2. Meanwhile, in shallow bowl, stir together flour and dressing mix. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs with whisk. In third shallow bowl, place bread crumbs.
  3. Dip each pickle spear into flour mixture, then into egg. Dip into flour a second time, then into egg a second time. Coat pickle spear with bread crumbs.
  4. After all pickles have been breaded, fry in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, or until deep golden brown. Drain fried pickles on cooling rack or paper towels.
  • For the crispiest pickle spears, buy whole pickles from the refrigerated section of your supermarket, and cut them into spears for the recipe.
  • For a thinner breading, you can replace 2 of the eggs with 1 cup milk, and only dip in the flour and egg once, instead of twice.
  • Serve plain or with ranch, blue cheese, horseradish or your favorite dipping sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment